I don't know why, but I get very emotional when the time is coming to say goodbye. I have dealt with this in Korea when I had to say goodbye to someone who was leaving for the summer. I'd be angry, sad, just overall emotional for a couple of weeks before, and basically spent most of the time upset about having to say goodbye.
I am now dealing with the same thing. I find myself being emotional. I get upset and very defensive about different things at work. I'm sure it's frustrating to all involved, me included. The worst thing is that I recognize what it is, but still do not know how to control it. I guess my best plan would be to just forewarn everyone.
I am excited about going to Korea. I can't wait for February 14th to come so that Derek and I can begin our journey. Derek was saying last night that he wishes we were on our way now, or were even there now. He's very excited! It's just that I hate saying good bye, I hate knowing that for some, it will be possibly the last time I'll see them (with my co-workers) and with my family it will be at least a year or maybe two before I see them again. It's a bit easier with family, I know I'll be talking to them A LOT, so I'm not so bad... but with work.. all week it's been goodbye's to different people as we visited the PODs. Today we were supposed to travel to three PODs that would be very hard to say goodbye to, and because of the storm I think we'll just head home. I hope that when we come down in two weeks we'll have a chance to visit those two PODs.
Anyways.... Here's the countdown:
17 days until we drive to Bangor.
10 working days
4 of them are travel days
Also, as for the working days, I'm not too stressed about them. My work computer has been switched over for my replacement to use, and basically he's going to do everything over the course of the next two weeks, and I'm just going to sit in the background and be there for support if needed. I keep thinking that I should just finish early, but I can't do that. I gave my date, and so I'll stay. I also want to have as much as I can for a final pay, so that's all good. :) I just need to be there and support the new QA Coordinator as much as I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment