Okay, I'm slightly annoyed. I decided this morning that it might be a good idea to let my recruiter know that I had to have an interview with the Korean consulate before they would issue me with a visa. Perhaps that wasn't the best idea.
This is the question that my brilliant recruiter ended her e-mail with:
"So you are still coming to Korea by yourself?"
Umm... really? I'm pretty freakin' sure I've made it clear to her that I'm not coming on my own.
Below are some excerpts from e-mails that I've written to her:
"Since I had to pay for my tickets myself, and for my husband's as well, we looked for the best deals, and purchased them as soon as we were able to do so."
"We had planned on coming and spending a couple of nights in Seoul before going to the school."
Not to mention the numerous applications I filled out to send to her that stated I will be bringing my husband, and provided his name on the application form. Like SERIOUSLY... I feel like when I'm typing e-mails these days (to my recruiter and to the car financing company I'm dealing with) I must be writing in gibberish, because nothing's getting through!
What can one do to make things clearer? I don't know.
Hopefully, things won't mess up too badly, and the e-mail that I just responded to her with will make it even more clear that I'm not arriving in Korea on my own. We'll see I suppose. I can just imagine it now. Some guy from the school comes to pick me up at the airport, and has a freak out because there are two foreigners coming with him instead of just one. It will not be a happy scene after almost 48 hours of traveling. Yeah, not a pretty scene at all.



No comments:
Post a Comment