Korean Public Schools have a lot going for them... well, the jobs as an English Teacher, anyways. There are many bonuses to teaching there that you do not regularly have with a hogwan. One issue, that I had, though, was that my 6 years teaching experience really didn't do much at all to give me a better salary for working at a public school. After carefully considering my options, though, I decided to take the plunge and try to get my TESOL/TEFL Certification. This would increase my monthly salary by 200,000 won, and considering that's about the same price of the course, I think it will certainly pay for itself. Now, to get it done, and completed in time to have my certificate in time for when I fly to Korea... Hm... that might be a challenge. Thankfully, I enjoy challenges.. and I don't think it's really going to be too very complicated anyways. I do not have a tutor for it. So, I have 20 lessons and worksheets I need to complete on my own. Then, when I'm ready, I can e-mail them and ask for the test. Once I download the test, I have 24 hours to complete it. It is an open book test. Timing is my biggest concern, though. After I complete the test it can take up to 10 days for them to correct it, and get back to me with a score. Then, it can take up to 2 - 4 weeks to have the certificate sent to me. That's cutting it short.... Please keep your fingers crossed for me that everything will work out. :) I have come in to work tonight to save all of the lessons, and am now going to go home to get a start on them.
Good night, everyone!!!
2 comments:
I did tell you we miss you already right? Best of luck in all your endeavors my dear. I look forward to hearing/reading your continued challenges and accomplishments!
Thanks, Shelley! I'm missing some of you at the office too... others, not so much. LOL...
I hope you can come to my going away lunch thing whenever it's determined that it will be in February!! :)
Huggs!!
Post a Comment