So far, here's what we've accomplished in anticipation of this adventure:
1. My degree is reprinted.
2. I have MANY transcripts prepared to take with me.
3. I have my passport renewed, and in my new name.
4. We got married!!!
5. I had my criminal background check done.
6. Notice at my work has been given.
7. My job has been posted. - This was quite bitter sweet for me. I LOVE my job that I have now, and so I'll be sad to leave it. I'm excited, though, about having lots of time to train my replacement.
8. We've started clearing out our apartment! Even though we still have about 2 months in here, I just want to empty it out, so that when the time comes, it's just a pack our bags and go.
9. I did the paperwork to have my SIN and my Medicare done with my married name, but have not received either of them yet.
10. New bank account is set up, and all necessary things for that are completed!
So far, we're doing well! I've often talked about packing up and heading to Korea, but... it's never come to fruition, until now! I'm pretty confident that Derek actually believes it's going to happen now! LOL.
This weekend we're heading up home for the last time before the holidays. We will be taking quite a bit of stuff up. It should be a fun trip. We will have things for my sister, things for my mother, hopefully some stuff that we can store at Derek's old home, and maybe even some clothes to change into for the drive home!
So... the countdown's on... really, how many more days do we have? About 70 days, give or take a couple, depending on when we fly out! Whoooo hoo!!
Posted by Jenn!
No comments:
Post a Comment